Thanks to the help of many helpers a set of documents describing OCCI revision 1.2 is now in public comment. Similar to IETF OGF uses a very open policy – so this is the point in time where we need your help. Please read the docs and provide us with comments and suggestions.
OCCI 1.2 targets to be backwards compatible with OCCI rev 1.1. An overall of 9 documents is now ready for your comments at the OGF website.
The 9 documents are:
- A updated core model – which includes minor updates and e.g. refinements about the usage of Attributes in the Meta-model.
- A updated Infrastructure model – which minor tweaks on the state models of the kind descriptions
- The HTTP text rendering document has been split:
- in a protocol definition defining how OCCI is RESTfully modeled over HTTP, and
- a text rendering document containing the text rendering
- A newly defined JSON rendering based on the new protocol document
- A newly defined extension to render Service Level Agreements
- A newly defined extension to deal with Platform as a Service Service Providers over OCCI
- A Profile which is a recommendation driven by the EGI project.
- and last – but definitely not least – and informal document describing how OCCI can be used to Monitor resources.
Again – many thanks to those who helped to achieve this milestone. And already many thanks in advance to the community for helping forming OCCI 1.2 through this public comment phase.