Platform Computing developed an implementation of the OCCI protocol/API for the German Research Project DGSI. As part of the Service Sharing Facility (SSF) the occi module is an OCCI implementation written in Python.
Usage is as simple as just saying ‘import occi’ in your code. Since python is an interpreted language and can be easily bind to other programming languages like C/C++ or Java this implementation can be used for several purposes. The module can be installed by either downloading the source and run ‘python setup.py install’ or by running ‘easy_install pyssf’.
The implementation includes demos for Job Submission (SaaS/PaaS), a KeyValue store (PaaS) and of cause a skeleton implementation of the OCCI infrastructure model which only needs to be bound to your hyper-visor to create your IaaS based Cloud.
- OCCI compliant implementation in Python using as a WSGI application
- Can be used by and device/programing language which is able to understand HTTP
- In addition to the Renderings defined by the OCCI Specification is comes with an HTML rendering for easy monitoring using a Web-Browser
- Easy to use – to give your applications a RESTful OCCI compliant interface (“RESTify your apps”)
- Build upon Tornado Web for high-performance request handling
- Multi-user ready, easy to integrate with OpenId service or similar authentication/authorization services (including transport via SSL)
- Enables you to easily integrate several products, provide service interface to clients/customers, build your Cloud Service offerings
- Focuses on Integration, Interoperability, Portability and Innovation
All work © 2010-2011 Platform Computing under LGPL License.